Jobs - Growth Marketing Manager
Who we are
Our mission at Wynd is to enable air healthy environments for families everywhere, and to create the “Waze” of air quality so that people can make healthier decisions. Air quality issues are linked to 7 million premature deaths in the world annually, and to counter that we are creating revolutionary smart hardware for consumers to both monitor and purify their air, so that it’s free from pollutants, allergens, and other harmful components. Our products are designed by the co-founder of IDEO, and are elegant on the outside while housing innovative airflow and sensor technology.
Wynd launched on Kickstarter in 2016 and generated over $600K in pre-orders in 40 days. Time Magazine also selected Wynd as one of the 25 Best Inventions in 2016. We also launched Air Bubbles, an iOS app displaying one of the largest collection of public air quality data globally. This platform will serve to aggregate our own data once we launch and eventually become the Waze of Air Quality.
We are an early-stage team of experienced engineers (with 6 from MIT), designers, and business people located in Redwood City, with ~$3M in seed funding from top-tier VCs, angels, and leading technology companies.
Who we are looking for
A proactive Growth Marketing Manager who is flexible and can wear many hats in a fast-paced start up. The ideal candidate is an excellent marketer who can oversee and execute marketing campaigns, including organic, paid social and search ads, emails, affiliate, social media, and more. The candidate should be able to strategically-plan campaigns, and execute the campaigns flawlessly with attention to detail. Also, the candidate should proactively find new ways and strategies to increase awareness, traffic, and conversions.
In addition to being an excellent marketer, the candidate should work well with others and in team settings. Other roles the candidate will have to play include customer interactions, content creation, design, and sales. The candidate will work with teams to promote hardware, software and data platforms. Will have the opportunity for significant leadership and responsibility on the team.
To sum up, if you’re a humble, hardworking, driven individual who’s smart and proactive, love the start up scene and read lots of books on marketing, business, and design – we’d love to talk to you. Bonus if you’ve got a good sense of aesthetics and can do some design / mock up work on your own.
This role is perfect for someone who is a Growth Hacker.
- Working with CEO to architecting marketing strategy to promote global sales and awareness of the Wynd brand.
- Lead social media efforts including on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and other major platforms.
- Create, test, and improve advertising campaigns on Facebook, Google, and other platforms.
- Start and create affiliate program, managing relationship, reporting key metrics and compute ROI
- Refine the Wynd brand through storytelling, content-generation, advertising, product development, and other efforts.
- Generate and deploy a variety of content, including blogs, images, and video to increase awareness of Wynd brand.
- Form partnerships with other brands that can provide leverage for marketing efforts and generate sales.
- Interact with customers and lead customer service team.
- Working collaboratively with team of engineers, designers, and other individuals to build and market Wynd products and create an overall platform.
- 1-2 years of experience in product marketing.
- Stellar skills in writing and other communication. Form and tell a branding and product narrative.
- Rapidly research and learn new skills.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles and tight schedules.
- Experience in using analytics tools such as Google analytics, Facebook analytics, etc.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in scaling a smart hardware brand and driving high ROI in sales and marketing investments.
- Knowledge of and experience with multiple technologies and design patterns.
- Experience in leading marketing efforts in a global setting.
- Leadership abilities including scaling a team and managing both internal and outside resources.
- Bonus skill sets – Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design programs
How to apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Application: Growth Marketing Manager" and include any relevant application materials.