Jobs - Lead Visual Designer
Who we are
Our mission at Wynd is to enable air healthy environments for families everywhere, and to create the “Waze” of air quality so that people can make healthier decisions. Air quality issues are linked to 7 million premature deaths in the world annually, and to counter that we are creating revolutionary smart hardware for consumers to both monitor and purify their air, so that it’s free from pollutants, allergens, and other harmful components. Our products are designed by the co-founder of IDEO, and are elegant on the outside while housing innovative airflow, sensor, and software technologies.
Wynd launched on Kickstarter in 2016 and generated over $600K in pre-orders in 40 days. Time Magazine also selected Wynd as one of the 25 Best Inventions in 2016. We also launched Air Bubbles, an iOS app displaying one of the largest collection of public air quality data globally. This platform will serve to aggregate our own data once we launch and eventually become the Waze of Air Quality. In late 2018 we successfully launched two new products and raised over $1M in pre-orders, Wynd Halo and Wynd Home Purifier, which will further expand our ability to help customers in larger spaces. Our products are sold at the Apple retail store, Amazon, Best Buy, and more.
We are an early / growth-stage team of experienced engineers (with 5 from MIT), designers, and business people located in Redwood City, California, with ~$6M in venture funding from top-tier VCs, angels, and leading technology companies.
Who we are looking for
A visual, UI / UX design lead who can proactively provide design guidance and execution on our mobile applications, hardware design and user interface, eCommerce, marketing materials, and more. In addition, the candidate should be able to leverage a variety of software tools, including Sketch, Photoshop, and more to create assets for our products. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who has strong leadership qualities, while also being able to work well in a multi-disciplinary team, including engineering, product, and marketing. He / she is expected to have a significant role in interacting with the customer for feedback, testing designs, and driving the product roadmap.
To sum up, if you’re a humble, hardworking, driven individual who’s smart and proactive, love the start up scene and are interested in making a big impact in people’s health – we’d love to talk to you.
- Lead visual design for mobile apps, website, marketing materials, and any other customer-facing product.
- Work with leadership to architect product roadmap and customer interactions with the Wynd brand.
Create, test, and improve designs with customers.
Work with third-parties and freelancers to create supplementary assets for product marketing and branding.
- Help refine the Wynd brand through storytelling, content-generation, advertising, product development, and other efforts.
- Assist with the creation of original content, including images, video, and more.
Working collaboratively with team of engineers, designers, and other individuals to build and market Wynd products and create an overall platform.
- A firm understanding of design principles, typography and design theory.
- Knowledge of the graphic and UI/UX design process.
- Experience in designing mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- Experience in designing websites.
Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop, and other graphics creation tools.
- Fluent in English. Stellar skills in writing and other communication. Form and tell a branding and product narrative.
- Rapidly research and learn new skills.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles and tight schedules.
- 3+ years of experience in developing design for mobile applications and / or website design.
- Knowledge of and experience with multiple technologies and design patterns.
- Experience in designing for a global market.
- Leadership abilities including scaling a team and managing both internal and outside resources.
How to apply
Email us at email@example.com with the subject line "Application: Lead Visual Designer" and include any relevant application materials.