Wynd Plus: The Smart Personal Air Purifier
Wynd Plus is the smartest portable air purifier for your personal space. It’s the size of a water bottle and easy to use anywhere—in offices, hotels, cars, public transportation, and more. Wynd Plus creates a bubble of clean air around you by removing dust, allergens, smoke, and pollution from your personal space.
Wynd Plus isn’t just an air purifier. With its built-in detachable Air Quality Tracker it can sense the air quality and clean as needed. The Wynd iOS App (free companion app) allows you to see the air quality near you, control the device remotely, and more. With Wynd Plus, you can breathe easy wherever you go.
Wynd Plus is perfect for people that:
- are sensitive to pollen, pet dander, or other allergens
- live around air pollution (traffic, industrial plants, wildfires, etc.)
- have babies or young children (Wynd makes a baby stroller attachment as well)
- are elderly, or live with elderly relatives
- travel to polluted places (China, India, etc.)
- generally want to be surrounded by fresh, healthy air
Here are some quick facts:
- It’s rechargeable (USB-C)
- The battery lasts 7-10 hours (and works whenever it’s plugged in)
- The filters last about 3 months (and they’re $10 on the Wynd website)
- It filters particulates. That means things like pollen, bacteria, smoke, mold, dust, smog, and more. What it doesn’t filter is gases (weird smells, carbon monoxide, etc.).
- It filters the air within 3 feet of the device—or all of the air within an enclosed space (car, small room, etc.) of up to 10 x 10 feet
- It kills germs. Its filter is embedded with nano silver, which kills microbes on contact.
- It’s made by Wynd Technologies, Inc., a startup based in Silicon Valley. Wynd was started by 2 MIT engineers who were sick of air pollution bringing down their quality of life.
- The airflow was designed by a rocket scientist (no, seriously. He’s an aerospace engineer who used his experience with jet engines to inspire Wynd Plus’s design)
The Wynd app: What’s in the air you breathe?
The filter: High-tech and USA-made
Frequently asked questions
Wynd Plus's medical-grade filter traps particulates such as pollen, pet dander, and bacteria, as well as industrial pollution particulates from traffic, factories, and power plants.
Depending on purification level, Wynd Plus ranges from 30 decibels (quiet rural area) to 55 decibels (a normal conversation).
8 hours on normal use (continuously running at a medium purification level).
Wynd Plus charges using the USB-C cable that comes in the box.
It charges when it’s docked in the purifier (its normal state).
The Tracker can last for several days if it senses once per hour.
Less than a pound. 15.3 ounces to be exact.
About 3 months, based on air quality and usage.
The Wynd app uses AQI (air quality index), which is the global standard to measure air quality. You can also switch to showing PM2.5 (small particles—which is another popular standard).
The Tracker is very accurate. It has a very high correlation (0.99) with high-end lab-grade, professional air quality sensors.
Yes. And it performed very well. Here’s the results of using it in a 640-cubic-foot chamber (comparable to an 8x10ft room) by Research Triangle Institute, a leading national research institute and filtration testing laboratory:
No. Wynd Plus uses an electrostatic filter lined with germ-killing silver. HEPA is too thick to allow high airflow—and fast cleaning rates—for a device as portable as Wynd Plus. The electrostatic filter achieves very close to the same results as HEPA, and it's able to kill bacteria and destroy viruses on contact.
Have more product questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the answers.